Covid 19 Guidance
Covid 19 updated advice from Tuesday 1st March
In view of the government easing of Covid 19 isolation requirements, we will now start allowing clients into the practice with their pets for consultations.
Consultation rooms are a confined space which cannot be ventilated easily in case of pet escape, so for this change in protocol to be managed safely for our staff and clients alike the following procedures will apply:
- We will allow one person into the consulting room per pet (except for euthanasia consultations).
- We politely request that clients entering the premises MUST continue to wear a mask (masks can be provided if required), if you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask the consultation will be conducted in the carpark as before.
- Clients must sanitize hands on arrival.
- Clients are requested to use the seats provided in reception whilst waiting for their appointments.
- Please keep close to your scheduled appointment time. Ring reception on arrival whereupon you will be admitted to the client waiting room.
- If the vet is running behind, we will ask you to wait in your vehicle and a member of staff will come out to collect you when the vet is available.
- If you are on foot the temporary waiting room opposite the reception is still available for shelter during inclement weather.
- Please use out website prescription ordering page whenever possible to order repeat prescriptions and download our PetsApp messaging service to communicate with us for non-emergency help.
We will keep this protocol under constant review based on any scientific data rather than the political decision making, thank you for your understanding.