Careers at Estcourt Vets Devizes
If you are passionate about first-class patient care, are highly motivated and have effective communication skills, then Estcourt Vets is the place for you!
Welcome to Estcourt Vets Devizes where we are passionate about providing our patients with first-class care and exceptional customer service. Our practice is located centrally in the market town of Devizes and there has been a vet on our premises as part of the local community since 1897!
We are proud to remain an independent practice, that strives to employ the very best people whose beliefs align with Estcourt Vets’.
Why work for Estcourt Vets?
Here are the 6 main reasons why our team think you will love working at Estcourt Vets:
- You are working for an independent practice who cares about you as an individual.
- Our teams have access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment which are constantly being updated to align with the most modern treatment techniques.
- You will enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
- Our Directors are passionate about team members feeling supported and work hard to ensure that each employee feels valued at Estcourt Vets.
- Being part of our highly skilled team allows you to expand your own knowledge, furthering your future career in the veterinary industry.
- Our benefits package ensures you have access to plenty of holiday, a CPD allowance, a generous pension scheme and more!
Why choose Devizes?
If it’s possible you might be spending more time in our colourful market town, we think you should you know a little bit more about it!
With architecture influenced from its Medieval past, Devizes has a wealth of history, and the large Market Place situated at the heart of our town can be enjoyed every Thursday. It is seen as the hub of activity for all surrounding villages, with over 50 places to eat out, more than 12 pubs, churches, museums, a brewery and plenty of shopping.
There are a number of independent shops, along with many of the larger known names, and a handful of festivals that provide entertainment throughout the year. There are vast scenic walking and cycling routes to explore that lead out into other parts of Wiltshire, as well as the Kennett and Avon canal and Devizes castle – a site full of rich history!
Devizes is situated just north of the Salisbury Plain, 16 miles from Stonehenge and 8 miles from Avebury. It has good road links, including the M4 being 35 minutes away and the city of Bath only 45 minutes’ drive away.
We are also happy to provide work experience opportunities for people with a genuine desire to work within the veterinary industry and in fact, many of our nurses initially set out on their career path by seeing practice with us first (see our careers section in useful links).